Followers

Monday, October 3, 2016

Fall list #5

1. Venomous - bite or sting.
Ex. When I went camping, I got a venomous bumble bee sting.
2. Stolid - showing little emotion.
Ex. I am very stolid today.
3. Hypnotized - put to sleep.
Ex. He was hypnotized by that lady.
4. Suspended - temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.
Ex. The light was suspend from the celling.
5. Transformed - make through a change.
Ex. I've transformed many costumes for all Halloweens.
6. Accuse - charge (someone) with a offense or crime.
Ex. He was accused of stealing that woman's purse.
7. Anticipate - expect or predict.
Ex. We don't anticipate any trouble.
8. Fringe - an ornamental border of threads.
Ex. I fringe the clothes I was sewing.
9. Melancholy - a feeling of sadness.
Ex. I was feeling melancholy today.
10. Earnestly - serious in intention.
Ex. There was earnestly attention to her.
11. Dissolve - become or cause.
Ex. Glucose dissolves easily in water.
12. Aggravate - make a problem worse.
Ex. Military action would only aggravate the situation.
13. Illuminate - light up.
Ex. A flash of lighting illuminated the house.
14. Capillary - any of the line branching blood vessels that form between the venues.
Ex. He has capillary in his hair.
15. Proboseis - the nose of a mammal.
Ex. That animal has proboseis.

No comments:

Post a Comment